Monday, June 28, 2010

To be contemplated..

What is with teenagers these days?

I'm not talking about the 17, 18 & 19 year olds, I'm talking 13-16. I obviously can't say that the 17-19 category isn't without its issues, having just left that category I can testify to that but that isn't what I'm getting at here.

Why is having a baby being so romanticized by these kids? These little girls that have barely started their periods, whose breasts are just beginning to grow and whose curves are barely forming. They want children. Why the rush to grow up?

After being smacked in the face with reality a few times over, I can't even imagine going back to those young teen days. Everyone is so awkward. No body has any direction. And now on top of that they all have raging hormones screaming at them to get laid. What the hell?

These girls have little to no sense of direction in life.
My heart is absolutely aching for them.

I'm sitting here wondering how I can lend a hand to help these girls turn around.. To not want all of these things.. If only they knew what reality can do to set them straight. Reality really is a bitch.. They have no idea.

My mom has always told me that I should tell my story which usually follows up on how she doesn't understand how remarkable I am for surviving and overcoming all that I have been through.

I had to grow up at the ripe old age of 15. There wasn't time for a child hood for me. I really missed out on that. I don't want these girls to miss out on that. To enjoy being a carefree teen..

Maybe it is time I told my story.
Maybe that will give them the reality they need.
_ _ _

On a lighter note.

My friend Chris summed up Twilight tonight in a handful of words...

"WAIT, there's tension? Just let me take off my shirt and things will be fine."
"If I have sex with a vampire I'll be destroyed and if I have sex with a werewolf he'll rip my head off.. decisions, decisions."
"Yeah, uh, I'm a vegetarian, I eat deer and shit."


Chris,
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.


Well, I'm off to read. Shocking right?

1 comment:

  1. It's so scary how teens want babies now a days. And they think getting a job at a concession stand will provide enough money to take care of it. They think it will solve all their problems. It's terribly sad.
    Love the sum up of twilight. I read the first one, it was horrible. I seriously don't understand what tweens love about those dumb books

    ReplyDelete