Monday, June 14, 2010

The countdown begins.

So today I took another adult step.

I asked my mom for help.

Thats right people, I willingly asked my mother for help. It isn't terribly often that I ask my parents for help and I don't understand why. They know so much! (yes mom, I know you are smiling as you read this)

We have decided to get my life into order to, hopefully, have a little more sense of stability and accomplishment as I embark on the next decade of my life.

In 26 hours, I will no longer be a teenager.

I suppose it is time to grow up.

And with this milestone I do believe I will treat myself a little to a fresh start in my twenties.

I think tomorrow I will treat myself to a haircut, get my untamed eyebrows manageable, buy a dress and of course.. new shoes!

I can't remember the last time I bought a new pair of nice shoes.

Of course, I'm working on a budget so I have to be mindful of how much I spend, but it is my birthday, I'm allowed to splurge a little bit. :]

I'm currently working on a list of 20 things I'd like to do in my twenties (of course it could be a little more or a little less and it will never be set in stone). I'll even attempt making a link so that it can be viewed through out the next 10 years of my life and I can watch as I make progress on it. I have a lot of things I want to do and I know 10 years will fly by so fast.

But, we will get into that more on Wednesday.

I'm currently trying to get into a routine. One of things on my list is directly related to this. I am writing every morning after my shower just to make sure I write something down for the day. I'm also trying to remember to write in here and write for me and of course read. :]

I forgot how much I love reading and now that I'm getting back into it, I can't stop. I'll finish one book and immediately jump into another without hesitation. Currently I am working on:
1. Finishing the Stephanie Plum Novels - hoping to get them for my birthday
2. Getting the next book in the Sue Grafton Alphabet series - I was really surprised by how into the story I got.
3. I'm currently reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, which I have heard rave reviews about. I'm pretty pumped to get further than twenty pages in.

There is always the other books that are sitting on my shelf just waiting to be cracked. Maybe I will also work on a list of books I want to read. :]

So the bf did something really sweet for me on Friday..

He had been secretive about his where a bouts all day, I only knew he was running errands and said he would be up later. I'd been having a crazy hectic blahhh awful week of stress and he knew it. He got to my house and brought me out to his truck where he made me turn around and close/cover my eyes. He opened his door and I heard him pulling some stuff out of the truck and set it out. "Turn around" and there was a bouquet of beautiful flowers and a bag with a stuffed zebra (zebras are my ABSOLUTE favorite.) and a card. The flowers were like lilies which are my favorite flower but are hard to find this time of year (for a good price) But these little flowers are unbelievably beautiful. I'll try to remember to take a picture of them tomorrow. Anyways, I named my zebra Oscar. We hang out. He sits with me on my bed. But anyways, I thought it was UBER sweet. :]

Well that was a rant and a half with absolutely no point if I've ever seen one.

Good night world. Tomorrow is the last day I will ever be a teenager. I guess I better make it a good one.


Well,  I'm going to crack open the notebook and write for a bit..

1 comment:

  1. Ahahaha i love this - and the zebra made me thing of all the zebra print stuff i got you! Im going to start reading this so i can KNOW about your life in more detail.
    Love you miss you Little
    Ayla x

    ReplyDelete