Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Plum Crazy.

Dressed to the Nines. The next book in the wonderful series that my Aunt recommended to me. It takes me less than 24 hours after completing one book to come into Border's and buy the next in the series. Stephanie Plum is surely becoming one of my heroes.

I'm sitting here in Border's considering what I can write about this character to really portray to you her through my eyes. I think she is slowly becoming apart of who I am.

Stephanie Plum. Bounty Hunter.
Maybe in her wildest dreams, even though that is her job title.
She is terrified of guns and constantly has some maniac chasing after her.
Two men. One she is made for (the one we all turn the next page for) and the one she can only pine over.
Crazy family. Enough said there.
and I'm sure we are all waiting for her to have a car for more than 30 (give or take) pages.

It amazes me how confident she is with herself despite all of the wild things that happen to her on a daily (in book life) basis. She faces completely outrageous situations and still puts on a (semi) brave face and continues on until she finds answers.

I wish I had that kind of perseverance and drive to do certain things. I admire her for that. If something scares me I will, like her, pretend like it doesn't or avoid it at all costs. I would never return to a place I call home where something truly horrific happened or march my tushy down to a place where someone told me to stay away from. My senses would truly get the best of me and I would do the responsible and 'right' thing by staying away. I'm probably missing out on a lot of crazy things that life has to offer because of that little detail, but then again, i'd like to wake to tomorrow without fear. Many of us would.

She teaches me things I never thought in a million years I'd read on the pages of a goofy book.

I wonder if my personality is as addictive as hers. . .

I wonder if people hope to talk and be my friend as I long to read another one of her crazy adventures. I can only hope. It would be saying a lot about me as a person. I never want people to think I am something that can be merely discarded or set on a shelf to collect dust.

- - -

After looking at Janet Evanovich's website I feel to be on another level with the characters.. I clearly need to read a little faster than I have been, gotta catch up before June 22nd when the next book comes out.. Heck, I might even go all out and buy the hard cover.. I know, shocking right? I'm not a real big fan of Hard Cover, for whatever reason I don't feel like you can truly get into a hard cover book. I mean I got be able to bend the book in order to feel like I'm really reading. Strange, I know.

I truly wish I could tell you more, but I don't want to give too much away in case you ever want to start reading the series, which I highly recommend. :]

I think maybe I'll do a little reading before I head home.

Till tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment