Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pens. WOAH.

Pens.

So simple. Yet so... necessary.

I don't know about you but I am so unbelievably particular about what pens I use. I mean, if it writes even slightly weird, it gets pitched. I'm sure I've thrown away thousand's of pens over the years purely because they didn't feel right in my hand.

When I was in 5th grade my teacher (main teacher, seeing as we had two in an attempt to prepare us for middle school) told me I wrote weird. Most people, write with their right hand, pen or pencil on their middle finger.. I on the other hand write with my utensil on the ring finger. I was apparently wrong and she attempted to "fix" my writing style. I tried for weeks, and even now I get the urge to attempt to change that habit and attempt it.. 5 minutes later it is just far too awkward and its back to writing the "wrong" way.

But the key to any good writing? Having the best around. I'm personally a big fan of Bic pens. They roll smooth and last FOREVER. Well, as long as you don't lose it. I have a habit of losing pens after a day or a month depending on how much I really like it! But, the inevitable happens and BOOM. I'm penless.

I also like highlighters.

They make me feel so accomplished for whatever reason.

You know, making a list of things to do and one by one crossing them off with that perfect highlighter. Pink is typically my preferred color. It is so vibrant and you can see through it so clearly. Green and blue usually blur the words and make it hard to read.. Yellow and orange are so typical and like my mother said, they remind me of school.

*sigh*

Its amazing the choices we have to write.

You think its hard picking out a pen? Just try lifting that 10,000lb pen and trying to write.

Now there is a challenge.

1 comment:

  1. my personal favorite pens are "uniball Singo" pens.. and BIc griprollers.

    ive hoarded all them.

    ReplyDelete