Monday, May 10, 2010

10,000 steps. Part 1.

After a 3 day absence, I feel like I need to do something big to make up for it.

Today I take on the task of walking 10,000 steps.

My mom joined this wellness program at her work and one of the things they said was 10,000 steps a day is what you need to take in order to be considered an 'active' person.

My goal is to see just what it takes to walk 10,000 steps in one day.

I've put one of my mom's pedometers on at about 1:10 this afternoon and started my journey. Right now, its lunchtime from work and I've gotten 188 steps just walking around my house and preparing my meal.

My plan is to document via my phone the steps during the rest of my day at work and then continue documenting as my day wears on.

Only 9,812 steps to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment